• The physical as well as chemical stability of parenteral product should be maintained during storage.
• The formulation should be free from all type of microbes.
Free from pyrogens:
• The parenteral formulation should be free from pyrogens , hence test for pyrogens should be done.
Free from foreign particles:
• The product should be free from all types of foreign particles. To ensure it, clarity test should be done.
• The parenteral product should be isotonic with blood plasma or body fluids.
• The parenteral product meant for spinal cord should have gravity as same of spinal fluid.
• The parenteral product should be free from any type of chemical impurity.