Geriatric Pharmacology MCQs Question bank
1. A gradual age-related decline in physiologic performance begins in which decade of life?
2. Which condition is an example of an age-related change in a metabolic process?
d. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
3. In terms of prevalence, what is the leading chronic health condition for individuals over 65 years of age?
b. Chronic sinusitis.
4. Adverse drug reactions among older adults are mostly related to which factor?
c. Multiple diseases.
d. Renal insufficiency.
5. The number of medications having potential to produce xerostomia is at least
6. Each age-related change affects drug distribution, EXCEPT one. Which is the EXCEPTION?
a. Increased body fat.
b. Increased gastric pH.
c. Decreased body water.
d. Decreased cardiac output.
7. The decrease in hepatic blood flow is an age-related change that affects drug
8. Older adults develop an increased sensitivity to CNS depressants mostly through which change?
9. Changes in renal drug clearance affect which aspect of pharmacokinetics?
10. Which is NOT an age-related pharmacodynamic alteration?
a. Reduced binding affinity of drug receptors.
b. Varied number of drug receptors.
c. Inherited enhancement of drug action.
d. Changed tissue responsiveness to drug-receptor binding.