MCQ Circulatory and Lymphatic system infections
1. Which term refers to an inflammation of the blood vessels?
2. Which of the following is located in the interstitial spaces within tissues and releases nutrients, immune factors, and oxygen to those tissues?
3. Which of these conditions results in the formation of a bubo?
4. Which of the following is where are most microbes filtered out of the fluids that accumulate in the body tissues?
b) lymph nodes
d) blood capillaries
5. Which of the following diseases is caused by a spirochete?
b) relapsing fever
c) rheumatic fever
d) Rocky Mountain spotted fever
6. Which of the following diseases is transmitted by body lice?
b) bubonic plague
c) murine typhus
d) epidemic typhus
7. What disease is most associated with Clostridium perfringens?
c) gas gangrene
d) rat bite fever
8. Which bacterial pathogen causes plague?
a) Yersinia pestis
b) Bacillus moniliformis
c) Bartonella quintana
d) Rickettsia rickettsii
9. Which of the following viruses is most widespread in the human population?
a) human immunodeficiency virus
b) Ebola virus
c) Epstein-Barr virus
10. Which of these viruses is spread through mouse urine or feces?
c) human immunodeficiency virus
11. A patient at a clinic has tested positive for HIV. Her blood contained 700/μL CD4 T cells and she does not have any apparent illness. Her infection is in which stage?
12. Which of the following diseases is caused by a helminth?
c) Chagas disease
13. Which of these is the most common form of leishmaniasis?
14. Which of the following is a causative agent of malaria?
a) Trypanosoma cruzi
b) Toxoplasma gondii
c) Plasmodium falciparum
d) Schistosoma mansoni
15. Which of the following diseases does not involve an arthropod vector?
c) Chagas disease