Chapter 1: Anti-histaminic/Anti-neoplastic agents
1. Give IUPAC name and synthesis of the following compounds
(D) Triprolidine HCl
2. What are antihistaminics? How they act? Classify them with examples.
3. Define histamine. Discuss its chemistry and pharmacological action.
4. What is histamine? Discuss in detail about histamine receptors
5. Define and classify H1-antagonists.
6. Write a note on H2-antagonists.
7. Short note on proton pump inhibitors.
8. Explain proton pump inhibitors with its mechanism of action.
1) What are antineoplastic agents? Classify them with examples. Discuss the mechanism of action alkylating agents.
2) Write detail classification and short mechanism of action of anticancer agents.
3) Synthesis of Mechlorethamine, Mercaptopurine and Methotrexate.
4) Write the structures, mechanism of action and uses of antimetabolite anticancer agents.
5) Discuss antimetabolite class of anti-cancer agents in detail.
6) Write a note on natural products used as antineoplastic agents.
7) Give mechanism of Vinca alkaloids.
Chapter 2: Anti-anginal/Anti-hypertensive agents/Diuretics
1. Define and classify Antianginal agents with synthesis of Isosorbide dinitrarte.
2. Write a note on Anti anginal agents.
3. Define and classify Antianginal agents with synthesis of Nitroglycerin.
4. Write a note on organic nitrates.
5. Write a note on organic nitrates and nitrites.
6. Write a note on organic nitrates importance as Antianginal agents with special emphasis on their mechanism.
1. Classify Antihypertensive agents and write a note on β blockers.
2. Write a note on drugs acting on Renin Angiotensin system.
3. Classify calcium channel blockers. Discuss dihydropyridine in detail.
4. Give synthesis and IUPAC of Methyl DOPA.
5. Define and classify Antihypertensive agents with suitable examples.
6. Write Mechanism of action, side effects uses and SAR of ACE inhibitors.
7. Classify anti-hypertensive agents with one structure in each class.
8. Give brief account of β- blockers as potential anti-hypertensive agents.
9. Discuss sympatholytic antihypertensive agents.
10. Write Angiotensin II receptor antagonists with examples.
1. Classify diuretics giving mechanism and structure from one drug in each class. Write mechanism, uses and side effects of spiranolactone.
2. Give structure IUPAC name and synthesis of chlorthiazide, furosemide and acetazolamide.
3. Discuss mode of action of thiazide and carbonic anhydrase inhibitors.
4. Write a note on potassium sparing diuretics.
5. Structure of spiranolactone.
6. Classify Diuretics., Discuss loop diuretics in detail.
Chapter 3: Anti-arrhythmic/Anti-hyperlipedemic agents/Coagulants/ CHF
1. Define Antiarrhythmic drugs. Give a comprehensive account of antiarrhythmic agents used as CVS drugs with examples in each category.
2. Give structure and synthesis and IUPAC of Disopyramide Phosphate.
3. Classify Antiarrhythmic drugs. Explain mode of action in each class.
4. Write a note on Sodium channel blockers as Antiarrhythmic agents.
Anti hyperlipidemic agents
1. Define Atherosclerosis and classify Antihyperlipidemic agents and give normal values for LDL, HDL, Triglycerides and Total cholesterol.
2. Give mode of action, IUPAC name of clofibrate.
3. Define and classify lipid lowering agents.
4. Classify Antihyperlipidemic agents giving mechanism of action each class and structure of important drugs from different classes.
Coagulants and anticoagulants
1. Sketch out process of blood clotting schematically and discuss on the intervention part of anticoagulants.
2. Synthesis and IPUPAC of Warfarin.
3. Discuss coagulants and anticoagulants.
4. Discuss various factors affecting blood coagulation and write a note on warfarin.
Drugs Used in congestive heart failure (CHF)
1. Define and classify drugs used in congestive heart failure.
Chapter 4: Drugs acting on endocrine system/Thyroid-anti-thyroid drugs
Steroids and Therapeutically related compounds
1. Write a note on nomenclature and stereochemistry of steroids
2. Give detail note on sex hormones.
3. Write short note on corticosteroids.
4. Write a note on drugs used in erectile dysfunction.
5. Give detail note on oral contraceptives.
Thyroid hormones and Antithyroid Drugs
1. Give detail note on thyroid hormones.
2. Write a note on antithyroid drugs.
Chapter 4: Anti-diabetic drugs/Local anesthetics
1. Define and classify antidiabetic agents with examples. Give synthesis of tolbutamide.
2. Write a note on recent developments in antidiabetic drugs.
1. Write Synthesis & uses of Procaine (May 2014) and Benzocaine
2. Provide the mode of action of local anaesthetics.
3. Comment on Benzoic acid and Aniline derivatives as local anaesthetics. Give one structural example from each class.
4. Define and classify Local anaesthetics.
5. Define & classify local anesthetics giving examples for each class with structures. Explain the SAR of benzoic acid derivatives.