Subject: Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry-II
1. Following oil from Meliaceae family:
(a) Sunflower oil
(c) Croton oil
2. Following test is performed for the identification of Tannins:
(a) Vitali-Morin Test
(b)Goldbeater’s skin test
(c) Murexide Test
(d)Ferric chloride test
3. Diosgenin is isolated from the plant known as:
(a) Theas sinensis
(c) Atropa belladonna
4. Dragendorff’s reagent does not give positive test with:
5. Hyoscyamine, an alkaloid obtained from Atropa belladonna:
(a) Readily racemises to atropine with ethanolic alkali. Atropine is (±)
(b)Readily disintegrates into atropine with acid solution. Atropine is (-)
(c) Readily rearranges into atropine with alkali solution. Atropine is (+)
(d)Readily racemises to atropine with ethanolic alkali atropine
6. Belladonna root contains__________ calcium oxalate crystals.
(c) Needle Shaped
7. Caffeine on oxidation with KClO3/HCl gives:
(a) Trimethyl alloxan and urea
(b)Methyl alloxan and dimethyl urea
(c) dimethyl alloxan and methyl urea
(d)None of the above
8. From which crude drug Eugenol is isolated?
9. Which of the following is/are unorganized drug?
(d)All of the above
10. In which of the following drug Abietic acid is found?
11.Which of the following chemical test is given by Aloe?
(a) Nitrous acid test
(c) Drgendroff’s test
12.When Gum Tragacanth is treated with Strong Iodine solution, it gives__________.
(a) Red colour
(c) Blue-Green colour
13.Sesquiterpenes contain number of Isoprene units:
14.When Asafoetida triturate with water, it forms ________emulsion.
(a) Yellowish Red
(c) Yellowish cream
15.Caffeine can be isolated from:
(a) Coffee beans
16. Stas-otto process is used for the extraction of _____.
17.When the drug solution is treated with Mayer’s reagent, it gives______.
(a) Buff coloured precipitate
(c) Pink Flocculent Precipitate
(d)Orange Red Precipitate
18.Choose the correct characteristics of the epidermal cells and cuticle of
Atropa belladonna leaf:
(a) Pitted walls with striated cuticle
(b)Wavy walls with striated cuticles
(c) Algal cell wall with smooth cuticle
(d)Straight wall with wavy cuticle
19. The most commonly used Stationary phase in TLC:
(b) Silica Gel G
(c) Calcium hydroxide
20. Paper chromatography is based on the principle of_______.
1). – c
2). – b
3). – b
4). – c
6). – d
8). – c
9). – c
11). – a
12). – b
13). – 3
14). – c
15). – c
16). – c
17). – b
19). – b
20). – b