1. Which is known as ‘River of Life’?
Answer: Blood(fluid connective tissue, pH 7.4, 0.9% NaCl is isotonic with plasma)
2. Blood circulation was discovered by?
Answer: William Harvey
3. The total blood volume in an adult?
Answer: 5-6 Litres(blood loss results in hypovolemic shock)
4. The pH value of Human blood?
Answer: 7.35-7.45 (slightly basic in nature, albumine is the main buffer of blood
5. The normal blood cholesterol level?
Answer: 150-250 mg/100 ml, increased cholesterol level is associated with earth clearances and heart disease
6. The fluid part of blood?
Answer: Plasma 55%, including plasma proteins
7. Plasma protein fibrinogen has an active role in?
Answer: Clotting of blood, it is inactive part it is activated in the blood clotting cascade
8. Plasma protein globulins functions as?
9. Plasma proteins maintain the blood pH?
10. Biconcave discs shaped blood cell?
Answer: RBC, (decreased level than normal results in anaemia increased levels than normal result in polycythemia
11. Non nucleated blood cell?
Answer: RBC (Erythrocytes, therefore not divided and 3 divided must be synthesized again after lifespan from the bone marrow
12. Respiratory pigments present in RBC?
Answer: Haemoglobin (each molecule of hemoglobin carries 4 oxygen molecule)
13. Red pigment present in RBC?
14. RBC produced in the?
Answer: Bone marrow (Stored in spleen, destructed in the liver to form bile)
15. Iron containing pigment of Haemoglobin?
16. Protein containing pigment of Haemoglobin?
17. Graveyard of RBC?
18. Blood bank in the body?
Answer: Spleen, largest lymph organ
19. Life span of RBC?
Answer: 120 Days
20. Total count is measured by an instrument known as?
21. A decrease in RBC count is known as?
22. An increase in RBC count is known as? (Packed RBC volume or hemocreit)
23. A high concentration of bilirubin in the blood causes?
Answer: Jaundice, gallbladder stones and gallbladder obstruction
24. The disease resistant blood cell?
Answer: WBC (leucocytes, immune cells)
25. Which WBC is known as soldiers of the body?
26. Largest WBC?
27. Smallest WBC?
28. Antibodies producing WBC?
29. Life span of WBC?
Answer: 10-15 days
30. Blood cell performs an important role in blood clotting?
Answer: Thrombocytes (Platelets)
31. Blood clot in the vessels is called?
32. Anticoagulant present in Blood?
Answer: Heparin, natural anticoagulant from liver
33. A hereditary bleeding disease?
34. Bleeder’s disease?
35. Christmas disease?
36. A type of Anemia with sickle shaped RBC?
Answer: Sickle cell anemia
37. Viscosity of Blood?
Answer: 4.5 to 5.5
38. Instrument used to measure haemoglobin?
39. Who demonstrated blood groups?
Answer: Karl Landsteiner
40. Who demonstrated Rh factor?
Answer: Karl Landsteiner
41. Blood group which is called Universal donor?
42. Blood group which is called Universal recipient?
43. Blood group is most common among the Asians?