Adrenal Corticosteroids MCQs With Answers
1. Angiotensin II is a major stimulus for the production of which steroid hormone(s)?
2. Which endocrine gland synthesizes and secretes corticosteroids?
3. Which is NOT a result of corticosteroid deficiency?
a. Na+ retention.
c. Cellular hydration.
d. Extracellular fluid reduction.
4. Which is NOT involved with the anti-inflammatory effect of glucocorticoids?
a. Increased release of histamine.
b. Decreased production of cyclooxygenase.
c. Increased inhibition of white blood cell production.
d. Decreased production of prostaglandins and leukotrienes.
5. Which therapeutic effect do glucocorticoids have on rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
a. Stop the destruction of joints.
b. Relieve pain and inflammation.
c. Repair the destruction of joints.
d. Boost the immune system to fight joint destruction.
6. Glucocorticoids are NOT recommended for which case?
a. Oral ulcerations.
b. Pulpal hypersensitivity.
c. Temporomandibular joint disorder.
d. Oral surgery complications.
7. Which regimen of hydrocortisone therapy could induce a toxic reaction?
a. One-time dose of 50 mg.
b. 15 mg, administered 2 times a day for 4 days.
c. 25 mg, administered 1 time a day for 1 week.
d. 30 mg, administered 1 time a day for 2 weeks.
8. The natural daily production of cortisol peaks generally at which time of day?
a. 8:00 a.m.
b. 12:00 p.m.
c. 8:00 p.m.
d. 12:00 a.m.
9. Which glucocorticoid is short-acting?
10. Which is NOT a dental consideration for long-term glucocorticoid therapy?
a. Delay wound healing.
b. Potential adrenal crisis.
c. Increased abdominal fat.
d. Lower resistance to infection.