1. One of the following phenothiazines does not possess CF 3 group at C 2 position:
a. Trifl upromazine
b. Trifl uperazine
2. Extra-pyramidal symptoms are a common side effect of which of the following medications?
3. Loxapine belongs to
d. Diphenylbutyl p iperidines
4. Which of the following statements correctly represents the SAR of phenothiazine?
a. Maximum antipsychotic potency is ob-
served in aminoalkylated derivatives.
b. The aliphatic amino nitrogen is required
and highest activity is seen when it is incorporated into a cyclic form.
c. Potency increases in the following order of position of ring substitution: 1<3<4<2.<2.
d. Disubstitution increases neuroleptic activity.
5. Chlorprothixene i s
a. 4-[4-( p -Chlorophenyl)-4-
b. N,N-Dimethyl-9-[3-(4-methyl-1-piperazinyl) propylidene-thioxanthene-2-sulphonamide
c. 2-Chloro-9-(3’-dimethylaminopropylidene) thioxanthene
6. The first therapeutic alternative to the pheno-thiazines is
7. Clozapine is synthesised from
b. Anthranilic a cid
c. Benzoic a cid
d. 2-Chlorobenzoic a cid
8. The drug used orally to treat psychotic disorders with no extra-pyramidal side-effects is
9. In phenothiazines the modifi cation that leads to lower incidence of EPS, possibly due to increased central anti-muscarinic activity, is
a. Aminoalkylated phe nothiazines
b. Piperidinyl pr opyl de rivatives
c. Branching a t t he β–position of the side chain with small methyl groups
d. None of the above
10. One of the following is not a mixed D 2 and 5HT 2A antagonist: