Constipation is coming of stool hard or with difficulty or sometimes not coming. When we eat food, the wast product left in our body comes out of the body in the form of stool and due to lack of water in the body or other reasons, the stool becomes hard.
This is mostly due to following reasons:-
- Lack of fiber in food
- Less use of water
- Lack of fruits and vegetables in food
- Lack of exercise
Signs and Symptoms
- Stool passing absent
- Pain abdomen and cramps
- Swelling in the abdomen
- Desire to have diarrhea
- Due to not having stool pass for a long time, there is a lot of damage to the body and the possibility of poisoning (spread of poison) increases.
Constipation means that to avoid constipation, one should eat high-fiber food and use more and more water. If there is constipation due to any kind of medicine, then the medicine should be stopped.
For the treatment of constipation
1. Tab Julax (Besacodyl) 2 Tablet should be given at bedtime with lukewarm
2. Syp Looz (Lactulose solution) 30ml should be given at bedtime
3. Paraffin 30ml should be given at bedtime.
If there is no relief, then
4. 500ml soapy water or can be given in the form of 30ml Glycerin enema.
If constipation is habitual then Isabgol or Pet Safa can be used. Laxative should be changed by not using any one laxative for a long time.
Note:- Hypothyroidism patient is constipated, so thyroid level and TSH level should be kept normal.
Warning:- Do not take any medicine without the advice of a doctor or pharmacist.