Management of Fear and Anxiety MCQs With Answers
1. Dental patients require pharmacologic management most often for which condition?
b. Motor dysfunction.
c. Cognitive impairment.
d. Pediatric noncompliance.
2. Which percentage of people do not receive routine dental care, due to apprehension?
3. Outpatient sedation for dental procedures is unacceptable for patients in which American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) Physical Status classification?
a. Class I.
b. Class II.
c. Class III.
d. Class IV.
4. The ability to titrate the dose of a drug is most easily accomplished with which method of administration?
5. Which route of administration for sedatives is best for achieving all levels of sedation?
6. Agents administered via which route are subject to first-pass metabolism?
7. Which oral sedative is NOT recommended for use in pediatric patients?
d. Chloral hydrate.
8. Which country has the lowest prevalence of dental fear and anxiety?
d. United States.
9. Naloxone’s effects, as a reversal agent and at a typical dose for overly deep sedation, last for closest to
a. 15 minutes.
b. 45 minutes.
c. 90 minutes.
d. 120 minutes.
10. Which adverse effect associated with flumazenil necessitates patient monitoring beyond its expected duration of action?