Subject Name: Pharmacology III (BP602TP)
1. What is chemotherapy? Give difference between chemotherapeutic agent and antibiotics.
2. Define rhythm. Enumerate types of rhythm. Explain cardiac cycle.
3. Define asthma .Classify antiasthmatic drug and write difference between COPD
4. Define Expectorant and antitussive write there classification.
5. Define ulcer. Classify antiulcer drugs. Write short note on any antiulcer drug.
6. Write pharmacology of proton pump inhibitor.
7. Write short note on constipation, diarrhea, Appetite stimulant and suppressant.
8. Write short note on Emetics and anti emetics.
9. Classify antimicrobial drugs according to their mechanism of action.
10. Classify sulfonamides. Explain its mechanism of action and adverse effects.
11. Write a note on Co-trimoxazole.
12. Describe in brief the pharmacology of Fluoro Quinolones.
13. Classify Penicillins. Explain mechanism of action, antibacterial spectrum, pharmacokinetics, therapeutic use, adverse effects and repository preparation of Penicillin-G.
14. Write the classification, anti-bacterial spectrum, mechanism of action, therapeutic uses and adverse effects of cephalosporins.
15. Write mechanism of action, uses and adverse effect of macrolides. Write note on Erythromycin and Azithromycin.
16. Write classification, anti-bacterial spectrum, mechanism of action, therapeutic uses and adverse effects of
Tetracycline and Chloramphenicol.
17. Enlist aminoglycoside antibiotics. Discuss antibacterial spectrum, mechanism of action, uses and adverse effects of streptomycin.
18. Explain the following adverse effects and name the anti-microbial agent producing them-
(i) Fanconi like syndrome (ii) Black water fever (iii) Gray baby syndrome (iv) Ototoxicity (v) Crystallurin
19. Classify antifungal drugs based on M/A. Give mechanism of action, pharmacokinetics, uses and side effect of ketoconazole, Amphotericin B, griseofulvin and 5-Flucytosine.
20. Classify antiviral drugs (anti-retrovirus drugs and non-retroviral drugs). Write a short note on nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors and SN on Anti-influenza virus drugs.
21. Classify anthelminthic agents. Write a short note on pharmacology of Albendazole and mebendazole.
22. Classify the anticancer drugs and describe the role of anti metabolites as anti cancer.
23. Classify anticancer agents based on the mechanism of action. Write in brief about Cyclophosphamide.
24. Classify anti tubercular (anti TB) drugs. Give mechanism of action, therapeutic uses, P’Kinetics and adverse effects of Isoniazid and rifampicin. Explain “DOTS” therapy and MDR-TB.
25. Classify anti-leprotic drugs and write Short note on: Dapsone and Clofazimine as Antileprotic drugs. Explain what are lepra reaction and its types.
26. Write detailed note on the life cycle of malarial parasites and pathological changes in organs.
27. Classify antimalarial drugs. Describe the mechanism of action, therapeutic uses, adverse effects and Drug interaction of Chloroquine , Mefloquine, Artemether and Pyrimethamine.
28. Discuss pathogenesis and treatment of urinary tract infections.Classify urinary tract infection. Write about complicated urinary tract infection.
29. Justify the use of –Corticosteroids in TB, Sulphasalazine in ulcerative colitis, Methanamine mandelate in the treatment of UTI.
30. Discuss treatment of meningitis.
31. Write a note on management of syphilis and gonorrhea.
32. Write a short note on SARS.
33. Define and classify leukemia. Write risk factors, diagnosis and treatment of leukemia.
34. Write etiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis and management of breast cancer.
35. Discuss role of human papilloma virus in the pathogenesis, of cervical cancer. Risk factors and management of cervical cancer.
36. Discuss similarities and dissimilarities of Hodgkin’s disease and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
37. Explain TNM staging in breast cancer. Discuss role of biological and hormonal therapy in management of breast cancer.
38. Discuss pathogenesis of HIV virus with diagram. Which parameters serve as biomarkers to check progression of HIV infection to AIDS? Discuss role of protease inhibitors in management of AIDS.
39. Define toxicology and write types of toxicity. Define genotxicity ,carcinitoxicity, teratogenicity ad mutagenicity with examples.
40. Write short note on general principal of poisoning. Write clinical symptoms and management of barbitrate ,morphine organophosporous and arsenic poisoning.