1. A local injection of norepinephrine will induce which effect in the surrounding tissues?
a. No effect.
d. Lowering of arterial blood pressure.
2. Epinephrine will induce which effect on the cardiac tissues?
a. Cardiac efficiency is increased.
b. Strength of contraction is decreased.
c. Pacemaker cells decrease their firing rate.
d. Cardiac oxygen consumption is increased.
3. Adrenergic agonists typically cause which effect on nonvascular smooth muscle?
c. Muscle spasm.
d. Increased motility.
4. Which drug when given systemically acts directly on adrenergic receptors within the central nervous system (CNS)?
5. Which drug is a synthetic catecholamine?
6. Local vasoconstrictors are contraindicated in which case?
a. Nasal congestion.
b. Itching and bloodshot eyes.
c. Hemostasis during surgery.
d. Local anesthesia of extremities.
7. Phenylephrine is a drug used to treat hypotension originating from which cause?
b. Spinal anesthesia.
c. Cardiogenic shock.
d. Hypovolemic shock.
8. Which is the maximum recommended strength of epinephrine during a routine nerve block?
a. 1 : 50,000.
b. 1 : 100,000.
c. 1 : 150,000.
d. 1 : 200,000.
9. Which adrenergic agonist drug is known to cause severe xerostomia?