This is a diagnostic symptom caused by low blood supply to the heart muscles. When muscles have to do with low oxygen. For tenderness like a heavy pain. Narrower of the artery. Decrease blood supply due to narrowing of the artery.
- It occurs mainly in arteriosclerosis.
- High blood pressure.
- Severe Aneurysm.
- Aortic Aneurysm.
Signs & Symptoms
♦ In angina pectoris, the pain mainly occurs in the upper part of the chest pain and generally it also reaches in the left arm, Sometimes this also reaches right arm, neck and upper part of abdomen.
♦ Pain like tenderness
♦ Pain occurs even if the patient or climbs the stairs and it subsides by taking rest.
♦ Sweating the patient with left side chest pain is a symptom of angina.
♦ On giving Tab Isordil ( Isosorbide dinitrate 5mg) sublingual, the patient’s pain subsides, we can consider it a definite symptom of angina pectoris.
Anti-Anginal Drug Classification
- Short Acting
- Glyceryl Trinitrate
- Isosorbide Dinitrate (Sublingual)
- Long Acting
- Isosorbide Dinitrate (Oral)
- Isosorbide Mononitrate
- Erythrityl Tetranitrate
(B) Beta Blockers
(C) Calcium Channel Blockers
(D) Potassium Channel Blocker
(E) Other Antianginal Drug
Mechanism of Anti-Anginal Drugs
First check vital sign
1. Tab Isordil (ISOSORBIDE DINITRATE 5mg) given sublingual
2. Tab Nitroglycerin Orally 0.25 mg given sublingual
If there is no pain subside even after some time then
3. Tab Ecosprin – AV 150/20 (ATORVASTATIN AND ASPIRIN CAPSULES) given orally
If there is hypertension, then the following medicines should be given such as:
4. Tab Tenolol (Atenolol) daily one tablet
- Check it blood sugar.
- According to report blood sugar maintain it.
- Get the investigation done for lipid profile and if there is an irregularity maintain it.
- For further investigation, the patient should be referred to a higher center.
For further investigation, should be referred to cardiologist.
Warning:- Do not take any medicine without the advice of a doctor or pharmacist.