Inflammation of the liver are called hepatitis.
* The main reason for this is viral infection.
* Apart from this there are some other reasons which are as follow-
- Excessive alcohol use
- Because of auto immune system
Hepatitis – A
The main reason for this is infection of Hepatitis – A virus which is caused by using contaminated food & water.
Hepatitis – B
It is spread through infection body fluid such as blood, vaginal secretion, semen in which hepatitis virus is present.
Hepatitis B disease is spread by using infected injection, having sex with infected partner, sharing razor of infected person.
Hepatitis – C
The main cause of this is hepatitis – c virus is spread by direct contact with infected body fluids such as sexual intercourse, infected injection.
Hepatitis – D
The main cause of this is hepatitis – d virus which spread through direct contact with infected blood. It causes a serious liver disease.
Hepatitis – E
the main reason for this is hepatitis – e virus which spreads through contaminated water supply, poor sanitation.
Signs & Symptoms
- Dark colored urine
- Pale stool
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- The color of the skin or eye becomes yellow.
(1) L. F. T.
* Complete bed rest should be given to the patient of hepatitis.
* Diet fat free and light diet should be given.
* Hepatotoxic drugs should not be used.
It is mostly seen that hepatitis B positive in jaundice patient get. In such a condition, treatment of jaundice should be done first.
Acute Hepatitis – B Treatment
* Injection HapaRel (Hepatitis B immunoglobulin) should be applied to the muscle.
Its first dose applied on the first day and second dose after six months booster dose after five years.
* Cap Essenvits (Essential phospholipids with vitamins) 1 Tablet should be taken daily for four to six months.
Chronic Hepatitis – B Treatment
If hepatitis B is positive even after the above treatment, then such patient should be given
* Injection Intron A (Interferon Alpha 2b, Recombinant) Once a week for 16 weeks and
* Tablet Lamivir HBV (Lamivudine 100 mg) 1 tablet daily.
Warning:- Do not take any medicine without the advice of a doctor or pharmacist.