Skin and eye of yellowish discoloration increasing blood stream in the bilirubin level being called jaundice
Viral hepatitis or jaundice is known to common people as jaundice.
This disease is caused by a very small virus. Starting time, when the disease is quietly and amiable, then its symptoms are not cleared, but when it takes a severe form, the eyes and nails of the patient start appearing yellow, people call it jaundice.
Types of Jaundice
- Viral Hepatitis A
- Viral Hepatitis B
- Viral Hepatitis Non A and Non B
- Post hepatic condition
- High bilirubin in the blood and high yellow, orange bile pigment
Apart from this, some reason as follows:
- Acute inflammation of liver
- Inflammation of bile duct
- Hemolytic anemia in which the amount of bilirubin increase
- Any kind of obstruction in the bile duct
Signs & Symptoms
- Yellowish discoloration of skin, sclera of eye, tongue and urine
- Dull pain in abdomen ( specially in liver)
- Loss of appetites
- Nausea (to panic)
- sever constipation
- Extreme weakness
- Headache and fatigue
The patient of jaundice should be given bed rest from 15 days to 60 days. Such patient gets quick recovery by giving bed rest along with medicine.
* Diet Therapy
- Light diet should be given to jaundice patient.
- The food should be fat free and the amount of protein and carbohydrate should be high in it.
- The patient of jaundice should be given glucose in high quantity, if the patient is not able to tolerate glucose orally, then additional glucose should be given through Ryle’s tube or intravenous route.
- Giving hepatotoxic drugs to such patient should not take alcohol at all.
- Such patient should not be given even sedative drugs.
1. Syp livomyn – three spoon morning and evening.
Syp liv – 52 – two spoon morning and evening.
Syp Hepamerge (L – ornithine and L – Aspartate) two spoon morning and evening, for doing bacteria free of GI tract.
2. Cap Neomycin – should be given morning and evening.
Tab flagyl 400 (metronidazole 400mg) morning, evening and afternoon.
3. Inj. flagyl 100cc – should be given intravenous morning, afternoon and evening.
For vitamin supplement
4. Inj. NVM 2ml (B1, B6, B12) Should be applied to the muscle leaving a day
5. Cap Becosules (B-complex with vitamin – c)
6. Itching (for itching) lacto calamine lotion locally applied.
7. Tab Ruzin 25 (Hydroxyxine Hydrochloride) morning, afternoon and evening.
8. Iv fluid Dertrose 5% and Detrose 25% should be given in excess.
9. Cap Acera – D (Rabeprazole and Domperidone)
Tab Rantac – D (Ranitidin and Domperidone) morning and evening,
Syp Solacid – Two spoon morning, afternoon and evening.
Warning:- Do not take any medicine without the advice of a doctor or pharmacist.