- Synthesis, reactions and medicinal uses of following compounds/derivatives
- Oxazole and Thiazole.
- Acridine and Indole.
- Basicity of pyridine
- Synthesis and medicinal uses of Pyrimidine,
- azepines and their derivatives
Important Question unit 4 organic chemistry 3
1). Discuss basicity of pyridine.
2). Draw the structures of imidazole, pyrazole, oxazole, thiazole and pyrrole.
3). Discuss nomenclature and classification of thiophene and furan.
4). Explain any two synthesis and medicinal uses of imidazole.
5). Give the structure of:
(1) Indole (2) Pyridine (3) Isoquinoline
(4) Imidazole (5) Acridine
6). Give synthesis and medicinal uses of Pyrimidine.
7). Give THREE reactions of the following: (1) Quinoline
8). Comment on the following
1. Pyridine is more basic than Pyrrole.
2. Pyridine is less basic than aliphatic amines.
9). Write a short note on the following.
i) Skraup Quinoline synthesis
10). Explain preparation and reactions of Pyridine.
11). Write short note on preparation and chemical properties of Thiazole.
12). Give any three preparation of i) Indole ii) Quinoline
13). Give Structure of following ring system
i) Pyrimidine ii) Isoquinoline iii) Purine iv) Acridine v) Thiazole
14). Write short note on preparation and chemical properties of Pyridine.
- Subject:- Pharmacutical organic chemistry 3
- Course:- B.pharm (pharmacy),
- Semester:- 4th sem , sem :- 4