Pharmacotherapeutics: The Clinical Use of Drugs
1. Which is NOT a patient factor in patient noncompliance with medication?
a. Economic factors.
b. Lack of understanding.
c. Miswritten prescription.
d. Development of adverse reaction.
2. Which term is described as a rapid development of drug tolerance?
b. Cellular tolerance.
c. Immune tolerance.
d. Distribution tolerance.
3. The rate of medication noncompliance is
4. Which term is defined as a genetically related uncharacteristic response to a drug?
c. Side effect.
d. Idiosyncratic reaction.
5. Which drug helped establish the rationale that drugs safe for use in adults may cause extensive malformations in an unborn child?
6. Most drug poisonings occur in which age group?
a. Birth to 5 years.
b. 10 years to 15 years.
c. 20 years to 25 years.
d. 70 years to 75 years.
7. Drugs belonging to which risk category should never be administered to a pregnant woman?
a. Category A.
b. Category B.
c. Category D.
d. Category X.
8. The earliest teratogenic malformations develop at
b. day 21.
c. 3 months.
d. the third trimester.
9. When administered during pregnancy, which drug inhibits fetal bone growth and causes tooth discoloration?
d. Local anesthetics.