Principles of Antibiotic Therapy MCQs With Answers
1. Which antimicrobial effect is considered bacteriostatic?
a. Cell wall inhibition.
b. Cell membrane alteration.
c. Protein synthesis inhibition.
d. DNA synthesis suppression.
2. Which antimicrobial agents inhibit DNA replication?
3. How do β-lactamases contribute to microbial resistance to penicillins?
a. They provide multi-drug efflux pumps.
b. They increase kidney excretion of penicillins.
c. They prevent the inhibition of bacterial protein synthesis.
d. They cause the breakdown of the penicillins.
4. The agricultural use of which drug or drug class has been most associated with multiple drug resistance?
5. Time-dependent killing of bacteria is most characteristic of which drug or drug class?
6. Which drug group has the least effect on the immune system?
7. Which antibiotic causes photosensitivity most often?
8. Which percentage of diarrheal cases in the United States result from antibiotic therapy?
9. Which organism exhibits the strongest relationship with antibiotic-associated colitis and pseudomembranous colitis (PMC)?
a. Helicobacter pylori.
b. Clostridium difficile.
c. Treponema pallidum.
d. Enterococcus faecalis.
10. Antibiotic-induced diarrhea usually involves which antibiotic?