Sedative-Hypnotics, Antianxiety Drugs, and Centrally Acting Muscle Relaxants MCQs With Answers
1. Which drug reverses the effects of benzodiazepine overdose?
c. Nitrous oxide.
2. Which benzodiazepine characteristic contributes to its success in treating insomnia?
d. Skeletal muscle relaxant.
3. What characterizes tolerance to a benzodiazepine?
a. Sedation that lasts longer over time.
b. Drowsiness that gets worse over time.
c. Reduced effect of the drug over time.
d. Cognitive impairment.
4. Which system is LEAST affected by barbiturate drugs?
c. Central nervous.
5. Of the following, which sedative-hypnotic is most often used in pediatric dentistry?
d. Chloral hydrate.
6. Which drug produces an antiemetic effect in patients taking drugs that often lead to nausea?
7. Which characteristic of buspirone limits its application in clinical dentistry?
b. Delayed onset of action.
c. Adverse effects are milder than benzodiazepines.
d. Does not enhance the sedative effect of other sedatives.
8. Which drug is a commonly used muscle relaxer that has the least antimuscarinic effect?
9. Which drug does not have an active metabolite(s)?