1. Which one of the following belongs to long-acting barbiturate?
2. Replacement of the oxygen at C-2 of barbituric acid by a sulphur atom
a. Has no change on activity
b. Increases a ctivity
c. Decreases a ctivity
d. Shows anxiolytic activity
3. Clorazepate is
a. 7-Chloro-1,3-dihydro-3-hydroxy-5-phenyl- 1,4-benzodiazepine-2-one
b. 7-Chloro-1,3-dihydro-1-methyl-5-phenyl 1, 4-benzodiazepine-2-one
4. One of the following is not a triazolobenzodiazepine derivative:
5. The drug that does not act on GABA receptor is
6. One of the following is ‘false’ about benzodiazepines:
a. Alkyl substituents at 3-position decreases the activity.
b. The N-substituent at 1 position should be small.
c. A phenyl or pyridyl at the 5-position
d. The presence of electron-attracting substituents (Cl, F, Br, NO 2 ) at position 7 is required for activity.
7. Anxiolytic drug with no drowsiness is
8. Benzodiazepines in which benzene ring at the
5-position when omitted
a. Increases the affi nity towards the receptor
b. Acts as antagonist to the receptor
c. Acts at serotonin receptor
d. Shows reduced sedative and hypnotic activity
9. Nordiazepam when alkylated with trifl uoromethylbromide yields